Desert Jet in the Community
“We are all like one-winged angels. It is only when we help each other that we can fly.” — Luciano de Crescenzo
Our vision was to build a company that makes a difference, both in the aviation industry and in our community.
We give back to our community doing what we do best – flying airplanes.
Desert Jet holds numerous non-profit organizations close to our hearts. We donate our time, resources and aircraft whenever possible to help these worthy causes, and we hope you’ll join us in doing the same.
Desert Jet and Animal Rescues
One of our missions included providing transportation for 6 puppies rescued by Lucky Star Cavalier Rescue, a non-profit charitable organization, from a Missouri puppy mill to their new foster and forever homes in California. See the video of their arrival to the West Coast. We have flown numerous animal rescue missions.
Desert Jet and Angel Flight West
Another mission involved flying children and counselors home from Camp Laurel, a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children, youth and families living with HIV and AIDS. This mission was coordinated through Angel Flight West. Angel Flight West is a nonprofit, volunteer-driven organization that arranges free, non-emergency air travel for children and adults with serious medical conditions and other compelling needs. We have flown numerous missions for Angel Flight West.
Desert Jet and the Cessna Special Olympics Airlift
Desert Jet and the Boys and Girls Club of Coachella Valley
Desert Jet has participated in the Grand Auction fundraiser benefiting the Boys and Girls Club of Coachella Valley three years in a row. Proceeds from Desert Jet’s donations have totaled over $25,000 to date for the organization, which provides a safe haven for kids and teens as well as meaningful youth development programs.
Desert Jet and the American Cancer Society
Desert Jet participated in the American Cancer Society’s Desert Spirit Gala this year. Desert Jet initially offered one private jet flight for eight passengers to attend the aquatic spectacular “La Reve” at the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas. When two enthusiastic supporters of the American Cancer Society reached bids of $10,000 for the flight, the company jumped in and offered each bidder the opportunity to enjoy this experience, earning a total of $20,000 for the American Cancer Society.
- We have also donated aircraft to the Pathfinders, benefiting summer programs for the Boys and Girls Club of Palm Springs, and Bighorn BAM, raising $18,000 for their local cancer charities.
Desert Jet has sponsored various community events that raise funds for local charities. Some of the events we have sponsored include;
- The Bob Hope Classic, benefiting numerous Coachella Valley charities ($1 million raised)
- The Humana Challenge, benefiting over 40 Coachella Valley charities ($2 million raised)
- The Sandi Philips Pro-Am at PGA West, benefiting the American Diabetes Association
- The 17th Annual Angel Flight West Golf Tournament, benefiting Angel Flight West
- The Desert European Motorcars Charity Invitational Golf Tournament, benefiting the American Heart Association
- The Patrick Warburton Golf Tournament benefiting St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital
- Angel Flight West’s ‘Fun’draiser in the desert